In 1951 Shimada Products KK was established as a shaft factory, also producing parts for skis. The company grew and the present factory was built in 1967, opened by Mr Hayashi, now executive of Mizuno, who crossed the river barefoot with his celebratory bottle of Saké.
Mizuno were keen for Shimada to continue to produce shafts for them, and they in turn dealt only with Mizuno. Shimada could barely keep up with the demand for golf shafts. There is a Shimada shaft for every golfer from the slow swing speed and high launch shafts right through to the heavier shafts demanded by many of the worlds leading players.